03 April 2010

Dream Catchers....

Photobucket
Karen Walker Deep Freeze Tortoise Sunglasses

Photobucket
Proenza Schouler PS1 Large Leather Bag

Recently I've been saving images of inspirational pictures that I stumble across during my daily blog post readings. I have 3 folders essentially, Blog Images - for images I take for this here blog, Sartorial - for images I come across on blogs of outfits that are inspiring and moving, and finally Lust List - for those images of things I have to covet for myself.

Well the above 2 images are from the latter. I consider this the Enchanted Black Forest because no matter what I do, whenever I peruse the images within it's tempting depths, I'm constantly reminded how Eve-ly weak I am to the bidden fruit that will forever keep me from saving serious money...at least right now anyway. No matter how many times I try to stay away from this folder, these 2 items are all I obsessively dream about. It's borderline addictive if you ask me.

So, I've decided that in order to face my fears of saving money and having patience (a lot to tackle at one time) I am going to begin with the Karen Walker Deep Freeze Tortoise Sunglasses. Yes, I know that everyone who is anyone, and who has ever been featured on a blog or has a blog, has a pair of these sacred sunnies. But hey, everyone has a computer, and now thanks to our amazing, POTUS, we'll all soon have healthcare. So is having something that everyone else does really all that bad, NOPE! I'm thinking that in 2 months I'll have saved enough to join the cult. That'll also give me time to find a place that still has them in stock!

My final test will be the Proenza Schouler PS1 Large Black Leather Bag. I've never wanted something so bad in all my life (wait, that's not true...just trying to convey how much I really, REALLY, want this bag). At $2,000 it's really going to be a test to reel in my frivolous spending to amass enough coins to get this beauty. This will be the perfect everyday bag - my fashion forward answer to the messenger. Listen, I wear a lot of skinny jeans and my pockets don't deserve to be stuffed with all the contents I need to get me through a normal day - Rosebud Salve, car keys, and wallet. Men need bags just like women so our hands are free to take care of business. It's also large enough to carry my Canon Rebel with me so I don't have to worry about ever missing another photo op again.

This isn't going to be easy, but it can...screw that, MUST be done...wish me luck.

No comments: