23 July 2010

Sea Shells by The Sea Shore...


Photobucket
Amazing homes are a dime a dozen in East Hampton

Photobucket
What a beautiful sunset...

Photobucket
Living quarters for the weekend

Photobucket
Toppings galore

Photobucket
Always in the mood for lemon sorbet on a hot Saturday afternoon

Photobucket
Something made me want to insert 50cent and relive my childhood...I didn't

Photobucket
Such a pretty sign for an amazing ice cream shop...

Photobucket
Another lovely manicured home...

Photobucket
The best kettle chips hand down...a little pre-dinner snack at 2nd House Tavern Grill in Montauk

Photobucket
Dayna's bag...

Photobucket
Love Dayna's nail polish...she always has great nail polish...it's borderline obsession

Photobucket
Outfit for the Clambake
Oxford: Banana Republic; Pants: H&M; Shoes: Sperry Topsiders; Necklace: Chico's; Watch: Michael Kors

Photobucket
The hotel bar is clearly well stocked...just saying

Photobucket
Most amazing chandelier I've seen in a while...

Photobucket
Dining room at the yacht club

Photobucket
Lighthouse above the hotel bar

Last week I traveled to Montauk, NY for the annual Hamptons Magazine Clambake at the Montauk Yacht Club & Resort. The experience was absolutely amazing and one I will cherish forever (a bit cliche I know but definitely something I will truly remember forever). My coworker and I made the best out of the 2 days we were there and we left no stone unturned - hence the reason there are no photos from the yacht club...a little to much fun :-).

Although it was upsetting to see that East Hampton was a little too pretentious and absolutely absurd at times for my liking, overall, Montauk is clearly the Williamsburg of the Hamptons. I'm seriously considering quitting my job and selling sea shells by the Montauk seashore...but I don't think Mama would approve.

The best part of my whole trip was meeting Scott Schulman and Garance Dore outside of 2nd House Tavern Grill. Dayna and I were parking the car to head in to dinner when I noticed the effortlessly chic couple exiting the restaurant. I immediately yelled to Dayna to stop the car and jumped out to introduce myself. They were so nice and honored to hear me profess my love to them about their blogs and how they're my biggest inspiration...thinking about it now, even if I forget that I ever went to Montauk, I definitely wont forget meeting my two biggest fashion blogger icons!

No comments: