10 August 2010

Organic...

Photobucket
T-Shirt: Banana Republic; Pants: H&M; Shoes: Narrative; Necklace: Chico's; Watch: Michael Kors

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always forget how therapeutic blogging is for me. Work is always so hectic (but I love it) and I never really have time to just sit in front of my computer and pour my thoughts into a meaningful and well constructed post!

Really, posting is similar to getting dressed in the morning. Whenever I take the time to actually pay attention to the pieces in my wardrobe and see how they all work together seamlessly, I am able to put together something that is effortless and chic and completely me. I honestly have to say that living in FL, in eternal summer, I've developed my style further than I believe I could have if I was living in NY. Yes, NY is very inspirational and mentally stimulating, but I honestly feel that when you don't have those outside influences to stimulate you either directly or indirectly you pull from something that is inside, it's very organic, and is all your own.

Don't get me wrong, I religiously read fashion blogs and magazines, but whenever I step out my door and walk around in the real world that is Fort Myers, FL I don't see the latest trends and styles emulated by everyday people...and honestly, I don't mind being the only one who wants to put a little more effort into my outfit everyday, because like this post, it's who I am and what I do. It's just...me!

No comments: